Monday 5 January 2009

I think they're trying to tell me something...

Well, Christmas has been and gone with it's usual selection of parties, over-indulgence and presents.

As I've said before, I love Christmas but this year my enthusiasm was somewhat dented by a recurring theme in the presents that people had bought me: namely, age-defying beauty products.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind using moisturiser after shaving. In fact Melissa has accused me - wrongly, I might add - of having more beauty products than she does.

Anyway, I was a little be concerned when, having grabbed my presents from Melissa on Christmas morning, I unwrapped several products which claim to 'firm up tired-looking skin' and 'visibly reduce the appearance of wrinkles'. This is not good as it means people - in this case Melissa - are starting to notice that I'm getting older.

My misery was compounded when I discovered mum and dad had bought me products from the same range. I mean, if my parents think I'm starting to look old, what hope is there?

Looking on the bright side, though, I've now got so many 'age-defying' products that if I use them all, I should look about 21 this time next year. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll feel like it.

No comments: