Monday 14 March 2011

CD chaos

FOR many men, their CD collection is among their most prized possessions. In my case, the order (alphabetical by artist, with albums arranged in order of release date) is also critical.

Harry clearly doesn’t share my enthusiasm. My precious CD collection is tucked away in two large cupboards behind the door in our bedroom.

Until recently, even when Harry did notice these mysterious cupboards, he wasn’t quite strong enough to open them. However, that all changed last week when Harry worked out how to open the doors and promptly set about rearranging my CDs.

Of course, this all happened while I was at work, so you can imagine my distress when I walked into our bedroom to find cases, inlay cards and CDs strewn across the floor.

Harry had obviously taken a dislike to one particular cover and had decided to tear it in two, while I still haven’t managed to track down one disc that has mysteriously disappeared.

Melissa, who cannot fathom my obsession with CDs, was less than sympathetic.

I suppose it’s just one of the hazards of having a toddler roaming around the house. That’s not say that Harry is particularly naughty when it comes to grabbing things he shouldn’t; in fact, he’s very good most of the time. When he’s tired, though, nothing is safe.

Earlier this week, I called to pick Harry up from my parents’, only to find my dad trying to get the television to switch on. Apparently, a tired Harry had managed to press something that had stopped it working. Thankfully there was no permanent damage – which is more than can be said for my CD collection.

No comments: