Friday 10 April 2009

List mania

Melissa’s fond of saying she lost a few brain cells when she had Harry (or words to that effect, anyway). While I’m sure this isn’t the case, Melissa insists she has become more forgetful since Harry was born and, as a result, I’ve noticed a significant increase in the number of lists dotted around house.

Of course, having a baby does tend to put things in perspective and, naturally, Harry’s wellbeing is our top priority; everything else can wait. Or so I thought.

Since Harry was born, I’ve found these lists everywhere. Melissa’s become so organised, she’s even started using the calendar on the computer to help her keep track of what’s going on and when.

Lately, though, the lists have taken on a more worrying dimension: jobs around the house. That I haven’t done.

So far, there are about 10 things I haven’t got round to tackling, including replacing fence panels at the bottom of the garden, putting up a new washing line, and fixing a wardrobe.

While they don’t sound particularly onerous tasks, since Harry arrived, I’ve found myself so wrapped up spending time with him– going for walks and so on – that I haven’t managed to get any jobs done at home.

Unfortunately, this excuse is starting to wear thin; Melissa wants these jobs done, and quickly.So I’m going to have to learn how to get my jobs done while still spending time with Harry.

It’s almost like multitasking – which as any woman will tell you is beyond most men. I’ll let you know how I get on.

No comments: