Friday 11 May 2012

Everything changes...


JAMES is changing so quickly at the moment that it's difficult to keep up with it all. He now spends a good portion of the day awake, watching what goes on with those incredibly bright eyes that only babies seem to have.

He's also smiling now, which is just as magical this time around as it was when Harry was little.

Honestly, I could sit and watch James for hours. Every expression, yawn, sneeze, gurgle and squeak is just wonderful. The way he kicks his legs and throws out his arms when he's sat in his little baby seat is just as absorbing.

It's brought back great memories from Harry's first few weeks, when I just used to sit staring at him in wonder. The fact that James, to my eyes at least, looks almost identical to Harry at the same age, means that I'm constantly struck by a sense of deja vu.

Of course, with Harry in the house we don't really get an opportunity to sit around and watch James. Not that you miss it, because Harry is such a character.

The other night, he'd had spaghetti hoops with his tea and had spilt a bit of tomato sauce on his chin. Half an hour later, Harry and I were sat in the living room watching television when Harry started scratching at the now dry tomato sauce on his chin.

He looked at me and, with a very serious look on his face, said: “Daddy, I think I need to have a shave. My whiskers are growing.”

No comments: