Friday 11 April 2008

Gardening - still rock 'n' roll?

I wrote an entry last year describing gardening as the new rock 'n' roll. After shifting a tonne of manure, I'm starting to wonder if that description is altogether accurate.

I mean, can you imagine Bono humping a steaming pile of muck around the place?

Anyway, I shouldn't complain - it was my idea to get some manure. I read somewhere on the web it was good for vegetable patches. Of course, Melissa wasn't quite as keen. She was even less keen when she returned early from visiting a friend to find a mountain of cow poo on the drive of our house.

When she calmed down, though, she did help me shift it, and my pile of muck is now sitting proudly at the bottom of my garden, waiting for me to do something with it.

All in all, it's not very rock 'n' roll.

No comments: