Thursday 11 December 2008

Christmas

I love Christmas. It's not particularly fashionable to say so, but I can't help it. Every year I get excited even though, at the age of 32, I should be past being excited at the prospect of opening presents.

However, there's one element of the festive season I could happily live without - the music. Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently wrong with Christmas music (The Pogues' Fairytale of New York is, without doubt, one of the best songs ever recorded). It's just that listening to the same 20 or so songs over and over again, every day for a month, is enough to drive to anyone to distraction.

Unfortunately for me, Melissa doesn't feel the same way. She loves Christmas (like me) but also loves the music (unlike me). This means that, for the next few weeks, there will be a battle in the Wright household between my music (at the moment this consists largely of Belle and Sebastian's extensive back catalogue) and Melissa's Christmas CDs. Somehow, I doubt it will be an even contest.

1 comment:

Martin Wright said...

The pregnant lady will win everytime!!!!!