Monday 22 December 2008

Cold shoulder

I am suffering at the moment. Not in a particularly serious way, but suffering nonetheless. The culprit is another bout of cold/flu.

I hate being ill. And I'm not very good at it - just ask Melissa. When I'm ill - which thankfully isn't too often - I just want to sleep, which isn't great at the moment considering the festive season is about to get under way in earnest. And if I can't sleep, I'm even more irritable and irrational than usual. Like most men, I also feel sorry for myself which does nothing to lighten the mood.

So, having hardly slept last night, and having been irritable and irrational in work all day, I'm planning to head home in a minute and go straight to sleep in the hope that I'll be back to my usual sunny disposition when I wake up. Well, sunny-ish maybe.

No comments: