Friday 29 August 2008

I've been sat-nagged

Sat-nagging. What's that, I hear you ask. Well, until last week, I didn't know what it was either but now I do. It's when the voice of a sat-nav system (in this case, bizarrely, the voice was that of John Cleese) nags you all the way to your destination.

Fortunately for me, I'm used to being nagged while I drive. Melissa has many qualities, but patience while I'm driving is not one of them. Our journeys together are punctuated by comments such as "Wow, we really did go round that corner" or, "What's the matter with you today? You're all over the road".

Anyway, back to the sat-nagging. A colleague kindly lent me his portable sat-nav to find my way to a building in the centre of Birmingham. It worked perfectly. However, being constantly reminded by Mr Cleese that I had to go straight on in 200 metres was a little distracting.

By the time I arrived home, I had the thing on mute. Even John Cleese isn't funny when you've heard him repeat the same joke about French people making us say metres instead of miles 500 times.

No comments: