Wednesday 1 October 2008

What happened to autumn?

It's been a while since my last post on here. In that time (just over a month), our wonderful British weather appears to have skipped autumn and gone straight in to winter.

Last week, I was in Pwllheli and the weather was fantastic. Admittedly it was a bit chilly in the evening and first thing in the morning but, during the day, it was glorious. At one point we (Melissa and I) were sat on the beach with a picnic and I was contemplating going for a swim - I kid you not.

Like most British people, I'm obsessed with the weather, and this week I've been keeping my fingers crossed because one of my best friends, Chris Bellingham (better known as Bubbs to friends and family) is finally doing the decent thing and getting married to his long-time partner Louise.

The wedding takes place on Friday and - unfortunately - the weather doesn't look like obliging. Indeed, some weather forecasters are even talking about snow over the Scottish mountains - as long as it doesn't venture as far south as Chirk, I'll be happy.

No comments: