Monday 20 October 2008

PES update

Having managed to spend a bit of time playing PES 2009 over the weekend, I'm impressed.

The Become a Legend mode is, potentially at least, brilliant and I even managed to get on the bench for my club Aston Villa (or West Midlands Village as it's known in PES) yesterday.

The game itself looks pretty good and the players bear a distinct resemblance to their real-life counterparts. It also plays very well and, leaving aside the Fifa vs PES debate for a moment, scoring a brilliant goal after putting together a flowing move is still hugely satisfying.

So is it as good as or better than Fifa? I don't know. All I know is that it's still a great game. My brother - who wants to be known as Baz or Barrald in any future references on this blog - has promised to visit in the near future with his copy of Fifa so we can compare the two games properly. For know though, PES is plenty good enough to keep me occupied.

No comments: